Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Secret Santa MacGyver <-- Best Ever!!!

I just got home from my yearly holiday in Illinois and found a rather large package waiting for me at the doorstep. Since I had been gone for many days, I was nervous that my SS had sent me something alive which I would have to dispose of and deny ever receiving. However I was delighted when I found this:

I was so excited that my SS got me a Santa of my own that I actually felt all the coupons fall out of my pocket and the conversion take place right on the spot.

I quickly plugged in the Santa and pressed play, disregarding the 30-page operations manual and CD (instructions are for pussies) Here is what happened:

Notice my cat even is transfixed with the gift at about 2 minutes in.

And then the Pièce de résistance.

After I erased the permagrin from my face, I decided to press further to see what all the additional content was.

I thumbed through the 30-page operations manual, which had hilarious instructions, a few disclaimers and many in depth diagrams and schematics. I started to think that my Santa actually put this thing together from scratch. I thought it was a joke, but then I popped in the CD to find the following video files in the dungeon of my Santa testing and explaining the inner working of my gift.

I was in shock at the level of effort put forth and opted to write this thank you note, rather than turn him in as the Unibomber.

For the SS reveal please check out ZUG and click on the title link. I don't want to give away who it was (cough, cough, Manhole & Straw)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home